Monday, October 17, 2016

AbiathRPC - Injected state

A few days ago, I did some more tinkering with AbiathRPC. When I tried to overwrite the real state with the RPC-enabled wrapper, I immediately found that I had declared the field in Abiathar as being of the real implementation type, which meant that the new type had to be a subclass of that one. That actually made the job easier, since I only had to add methods for the overridden things as opposed to all of them. After fiddling with the order of arguments and the "this" object, I successfully injected the new state manager into Abiathar.

Then I threw together a basic WCF server, some simple authentication methods (username+password or open, VeriMaps still a work in progress), and some UI for the client to connect. The next step is to write some alternative implementations of the smaller wrappers. Then, I'll need to figure out how to finagle the dependency file opening process into opening something that's not entirely managed locally.

No comments:

Post a Comment