Thursday, March 15, 2018

Remote Server Administration Tools might install fine but not show up as a feature

Today I tried to get the Windows 10 Remote Server Administration Tools installed in a VM so I could test some PowerShell modules. The VM had Windows 10 1709, so I downloaded RSAT for that edition. The MSU installed just fine, but the optionalfeatures dialog didn't list Remote Server Administration Tools even after a reboot. Downloading the MSU for Server 2016 and trying to install it just produced an error saying the update was already installed. To my surprise, I soon after noticed in the Start menu that there were RSAT shortcuts marked as New! The install appears to have completed successfully -- the PowerShell module I wanted is available -- even though optionalfeatures still doesn't list the feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment