Monday, May 27, 2019

Exotherm - Preparing for deployment

My previous attempt at making Exotherm note positions that led to loss worked poorly because the information was rediscovered a half move too late. Today I added similar logic to the part of the bot that relays the decided move to the server. If the evaluator found that the bot is doomed, the outer code records that the previous move the bot made is bad. This measure has no depth limit because it will only add at most one entry per game, so I'm not too worried about storage space.

I also made the bot willing to accept draws in some circumstances. It now keeps track of how many moves have occurred since an explosion or pawn move. When its opponent makes a draw offer, it will accept if no progress has been made for several moves and there is little material still existing.

These are the last changes I wanted to make to Exotherm, so after testing them I sent in my application for a computer account. They've approved the deployment of my engine - now I'm waiting for the username to be approved and the account provisioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment