Sunday, January 5, 2020

Policy Plus - REG file tolerance

I got a report from a Policy Plus user that the Import REG feature could not handle comments. This is true; I wrote the REG parser for exactly the format emitted by the Registry Editor. Even whitespace differences could cause parse failures. So to make it easier to manually write REG files used by Policy Plus, I adjusted that parser. Comments and extra blank lines are now allowed.

I also happened to notice that searching for a certain policy made the search dialog say it found a hit but not actually display a result. Apparently I had only put the list-updating code in the progress-update, not completion, handler. So up to 19 policies could never be shown in the search results. I fixed that with a tweak to the search dialog.

No comments:

Post a Comment