Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Windows 10 Annoyance: Inaccessibility of Control Panel

I really like Windows 10 and the improvements they've been making to the Metro-style (oh, excuse me, modern) apps. In the most recent build, they've overhauled the Settings app, making it look kind of like a modern version of Control Panel.

The problem? I can't find the real Control Panel, the desktop/old one. The "Open Control Panel" button in the Explorer Ribbon when viewing This PC has been replaced with "Open Settings", which launches the Metro Control Panel. Also, no links to Control Panel appear anywhere in Explorer, at least as far as I've found.

This is fairly annoying for me; I find myself needing to poke around in Control Panel about once a week. The Settings app just doesn't cut it for system administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment