Monday, December 28, 2015

SMS web service that allows polling for replies

I have no affiliation with any of the companies mentioned here.

I have recently become interested in sending and receiving SMS messages from .NET applications. I looked at several, including the ever-popular Twilio. It looked good, but there was one problem: incoming messages are only accessible by registering a URL that Twilio will make a web request to upon receipt. That's a showstopper for me because I really don't want to fiddle around with web applications or try to get my application to talk to an ASP.NET server.

Several searches later, I found ClickSend, which does exactly what I want. They allow me to poll their website, which results in an XML document containing replies that I haven't seen yet. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment