Saturday, November 19, 2016

Markeen - Try removing the originality constant

Markeen's generation order has changed quite a bit since the original weighted random function was edited to include an originality constant (which biases the results toward or away from commonly-used tiles). That constant for a long time was set at 1.2, slightly favoring more common tiles. Recently I wondered whether that was actually useful now that Markeen has a smart fill order. I tried removing that adjustment - by setting it to 1 - and the levels certainly did change. The change made it much more common for multiple different platform styles to occur in the same level and therefore collide, but it did make other things fit together better (e.g. poles). I wonder if I could get the advantages of this without the platform collisions.

(I would upload pictures, but currently my Internet is super unreliable; it's losing at least half the packets sent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment