Saturday, April 8, 2017

Policy Plus meets the world

Today I showed Policy Plus at my school's Tech Fair. There were a total of sixteen projects presented there, from students of all grade levels. One judge looked at programming and 3D art projects, while the other judge looked at everything else. When my time came, I demonstrated as many aspects of the application as possible while also making sure to briefly look at my non-program materials (FAQ document and outline of the standard workflow).

I also gave a brief edition of my spiel to various other people attending the event. A few seemed fairly impressed; one even planned to download and see about using it. In my spare time, I looked at some other projects. I was pleasantly surprised by their quality.

When I received my project's evaluation sheet, I was pleased to see that the judge wasn't very concerned about comments. The code file I showed (PolicyProcessing.vb, my personal favorite) only had short summaries of each chunk's purpose, but the comments rubric entry had the highest state circled, as did the rest of the relevant entries. My project earned one of ten slots to proceed to the regional version of this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment