Saturday, August 12, 2017

Policy Plus - REG loading

A Policy Plus user filed an issue requesting a new feature: the ability to import and export REG files. That sounds pretty useful to me - users might have created Registry files that they would like to import into a real policy object. (There are a bunch floating around the web, for example.)

So today I started implementing REG support. I created a RegFile class that can load REG files and that implements just enough of IPolicySource to be the target of a PolFile application. Since the user might not want to export the entire policy Registry, RegFile ignores set commands that do not apply to a previously specified branch.

Since I have not yet finished writing that class - saving is still a to-do - the changes are not yet pushed. I'll hopefully get that done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment