Friday, September 15, 2017

Figured out the EGAHEAD problem

Last time, I found a set of Galaxy graphics files that Abiathar had trouble dealing with. Today I had time to dig a little deeper. It turns out that though the EGAHEAD had real markers until its end, it ended too soon - the last mark was not the end/length of the EGAGRAPH file. The final two foreground tiles' ending points were simply absent. Therefore, there's no conceivable way any tool could be expected to bring that data into existence, so it's not an Abiathar/FleexCore2 bug.

I ran the game and went to the place where I expected the missing tiles to cause problems. To my surprise, there were no display issues! Then I checked with the Tile Property Modifier and found that the last two Keen Dreams tiles (part of the animation cycle for the left edge of the flames), are not actually an animation target of anything, nor are they placed in any level, so they are never called on and their absence has no visible effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment