Monday, July 30, 2018

Keen Modding Live - Level comments API

Today I started on a comment system for Keen Modding Live. For logged-in users, comments will appear at the bottom of the player page and possibly the level information page; I haven't decided yet. Comments record what version they were created on (to reduce confusion from level changes across versions) but the same set will appear for all versions' player pages, since not all changes will necessarily affect all comments. I'm currently planning on a flat chronological list of comments without any fancy threads. Replies (to notify a given comment's author) could still be possible.

So far I've written the four necessary API endpoints for comment support: add, edit, delete, and list. At the moment I'm not storing revision history, but the time of last edit or deletion is recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment