Thursday, December 27, 2018

Markeen maps update 12/27

Today I did some more playtesting and refining of the sixth Markeen-inspired map. There were a few tiling errors and point imbalances lingering, which were easy to correct. Weirdly, there are two versions of the solid platform top tiles - one set as front and one not. I'm not sure when one want might to use the non-front one; I had to replace it with the front version to make climbing look right.

I noticed that part of the space secret area was inaccessible, and when I initially fixed that, it became an inescapable trap. I worked around that by providing a one-way ride out of the hazardous part. (Riding the short lower loop back toward the long loop is deadly.)

When I tested on Hard mode, I found that I had exceeded the objects limit, so I had to take out a few infoplane items. But now the level could be considered done!


No comments:

Post a Comment