Friday, July 19, 2013

NetBLAM - More Classes, More Problems

I started on the inventory aspect of NetBLAM today by creating a few more classes in the Logic namespace.  I also created an abstract Game class that will be used as a hook to some methods that require attention from the server (Integrator) level.  The GetStuffByInv methods have been expanded from no-ops into actually functional methods and Player instances have been given access to the Game instance in which they exist.  With the player inventory system in place, I can soon implement the characters whose special abilities deal with cards and drawing.  There is an issue I have encountered with Bang!'s mechanic in which an attacked player can choose whether or not to dodge the attack by playing a Missed card.  I do not know how I am going to have the server pause the attacker's turn and allow the attacked to reply with the appropriate card.  I could have the server automatically play the Missed card if possible, but I want to stay as true to the original game as possible.  This problem will also present itself with the playing of Bang cards after an Indians.

Rules of Bang! can be located here.

No comments:

Post a Comment