Sunday, February 22, 2015

YouTube, Please Allow "Replace" Reuploads

Today, I discovered that one of the videos I had uploaded to YouTube had somehow gotten something strange done to it in processing and only supports 360p despite having been up for weeks. When I reuploaded it, I got a message saying that I can't upload duplicates of my previous videos. That's really annoying, because I had to wait the entire upload time just to be told they won't accept my video.

I'll probably end up deleting the old one outright and then reuploading, but I propose something better. (Well, I suppose the best solution would be to not butcher my videos when I upload them.) It would be really nice if YouTube would allow duplicate uploads to replace the old, clearing all the metadata - like a delete+reupload, but automatic and without the extra wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment