Sunday, November 22, 2015

ActiveNav Update Plan

Despite having written several articles about it, I have still not released ActiveNav. That's because I don't feel that it's ready for serious use. I have been collecting things that need to be done before it is releasable, and here are some of the more easily definable ones that I frequently find myself wanting:

  • Change bind to automatically find a destination server and domain name if none are specified.
  • Allow binding to the Configuration and other non-primary Active Directory partitions.
  • Add useful in-program help for commands like find that have many subcommands.
  • Add support for invoking Active Directory actions (like SetPassword) on objects.
  • Make ce forgiving of case-sensitivity errors.
I would have some "writing" updates on the list, but expanding the scope from just reading will be a very big job.

No comments:

Post a Comment