Thursday, November 19, 2015

Idea: "Hide" for Network Adapters

I have a couple virtualization solutions installed on my machine, so I have lots of virtual network adapters. In fact, I have no fewer than six Ethernet adapters, five of which are virtual and almost never used. The last seems to be my actual network adapter, plus stuff from Hyper-V; it's a virtual switch.

Anyway, when I want to look at my network usage in Task Manager, it's kind of difficult:


Wouldn't it be great if I could hide or at least rename some of these? I understand that the possibility of hidden network adapters throws the door wide open for suspicious activity, but maybe a "Show all" link in the Task Manager UI could help with that; programs using the normal enumeration API would still see the full list.

No comments:

Post a Comment