Thursday, November 12, 2015

Position of Newly Installed Windows 8 Program Tiles

It would be really nice if the Start screen tiles for newly installed programs in Windows 8 were arranged in an intuitive fashion. Currently, there is no pattern that I can discern:

My Start screen (or part of it)
I don't remember ever explicitly pinning anything to my Start screen, though I may have unpinned some bothersome default apps (creating the blank space under Access). All the programs I've installed have been jumbled into various groups, apparently without regard for publisher, type, name, or even color. That just clutters up the first picture of my computing experienceTM.

Actually, it would be even better if every new program shortcut was left down in the "all apps" section so I alone would be responsible for the arrangement of my Start screen. (It belongs to me, after all.)

Even so, I should organize my Start screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment