Friday, January 13, 2017

FMod - Zip To

An Abiathar user suggested on PCKF that the Level Inspector be able to take the user directly to the site of potential problems. My first thought was that I didn't have a nice way to highlight a tile and still have normal tools work. So instead, I wrote a method to automatically pan the level so that a given tile would be under the current mouse position. I called the command Zip To; it appears under the View menu and can be called with the backslash key on the keyboard.

Then I took advantage of that functionality to add a Zip To button to the Inspection Results window. Using that or double-clicking an entry closes the dialog and moves the level to put the spot in question under the cursor. That's much easier than taking note of the coordinates and mousing around to find them in the level.

No comments:

Post a Comment