Sunday, May 14, 2017

PowerPoint has trouble with images over MTP

While working on a PowerPoint presentation, I needed to add a picture I had taken on my phone. So I connected my phone to the computer over USB and did the normal Insert | Picture thing, selecting the desired photo in the resulting standard file browser. But instead of inserting the image into my presentation, PowerPoint just froze and would not do anything at all. I had to end the process. Then I tried opening the picture in the Photos app off my phone, copying it with the context menu, and pasting that into PowerPoint, but that brought up a message about PowerPoint being made unstable. Copying the actual image file off the phone onto my disk then inserting that file worked perfectly fine.

Apparently, PowerPoint doesn't handle embedded images well from MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). I suspect other Office programs have the same issue, but I have not checked those.

No comments:

Post a Comment