Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Policy Plus hits the road

A while back, I showed Policy Plus at my school's tech fair. Since they liked it, I got to advance to the region's tech fair (the east ITEC one), which was held today.

This time, I brought not one, but two laptops: one to display an automatic looping PowerPoint and the other for me to use for live demos. A pair of judges arrived fairly quickly. Neither were familiar with Group Policy, so I summarized that first. After showing the similarity of Policy Plus and the Local Group Policy Editor, I demonstrated the new features of Policy Plus. The judges seemed interested, and told me that they would send some more people to look at my project.


Sure enough, I got quite a few people talking to me throughout the day, so many that I didn't dare to go around and examine other projects for too long lest I miss a visitor. Thankfully, a couple of the judges had at least some familiarity with Group Policy. One was even a Windows sysadmin - that was a good conversation. He had some ideas for further development.

At the end of the event, red or blue ribbons were handed out to each project. Most of the projects from my school, including mine, received blue ones. Then to close, four purple ribbons were given out, conferring the privilege of presenting the project at the main ITEC convention (for technology teachers) this fall. Policy Plus got one of those, so sometime in October I'll need to arrange for it to be shown at the convention - apparently I don't have to personally be there for it to be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment