Thursday, November 9, 2017

Policy Plus - Windows 10 1709 ADMX definitions

I realized a few days ago that with Windows 10 1709 released to the public, people might want to use the new Group Policy settings it introduces. So I went and found the official MSI package, made sure it still has the same directory structure as the previous packages, and updated Policy Plus to get the new MSI.

In other news, a user actually ran into a problem that I speculated about: installing the Local Group Policy Editor on Home editions with DISM results in a nonfunctional version of the official Group Policy editor that nevertheless confuses Policy Plus into thinking it's off the hook for applying the policies to the Registry (because secpol.msc then exists, even though it shouldn't on Home). I have not yet found a reliable way to check whether the current machine supports Group Policy, so I asked a question on Stack Overflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment