Tuesday, April 10, 2018

FMod - Possible improvements coming

It's been a while since I've made any significant feature additions to Abiathar. I recently chatted with a prolific modder who had some requests for enhancements. He suggested being able to zoom the simultaneous tileset, a request which I've now heard from multiple people, so that's probably a good thing to implement. I haven't done it yet because it isn't really compatible with having a single zoom slider, but I'm willing to remove the zoom slider in favor of a more useful feature. I might also consider having a second independent slider to control the tileset (if that wouldn't make the status bar too crowded).

Another request was the ability to remember multiple stamps (copied blocks). Abiathar already has a place to stash a few tiles of the user's choosing, but no way to persist arrangements of tiles other than re-copying when necessary. I've been thinking about doing some refactoring to expose the clipboard through the API, and expanding the copy system would be a great time to do that.

I have a lot of real-life work to do in the coming weeks, but if I get some free time I'll look into these additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment