Friday, September 12, 2014

Quick Note on Ethics

Hey there everyone,

You have probably seen my recent series that gives the details on gaining access to things on Windows domains that most users probably can't access. There are a lot of dangerous procedures written on the internet, dangerous either because the person writing them doesn't know what he's doing or because they are too vague and leave a lot of room to mess something up majorly. So, I have included the "hack" tag to attract search results away from such procedures.

Those articles are not intended to help you do illegal or unethical things. I'd like them to be used only for testing (e.g. you're a sysadmin and you want to see if your setup is vulnerable) or in situations where you should legitimately have access (e.g. you forgot your admin password). I obviously can't stop you from doing bad things with what I write, but I write it because other people will and they might not do a good job. If you want to run my procedures against a production environment, [1] please don't and [2] if you're really going to, check with the admin first.

If you're learning about security, I write for you! Try my instructions out in a test or virtual environment to see what you can get. Audit your systems to make sure they're secured well! But please, don't do anything to get yourself into trouble.

And if you do bad things and get in trouble, it's not my fault. Even if you followed my instructions to the letter, I am absolutely not responsible for anything you do as a result of reading my blog. As they say in the alcohol commercials, enjoy responsibly.

Sincerely,
Fleex

No comments:

Post a Comment