Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Robotics - Document Sharing

A lot more people attended today's robotics meeting than yesterday, so we managed to start getting everybody into the team collaborative spirit. The coach appointed me the document manager for my team, so I threw together some OneDrive shares for us and him to handle all those documents. I generated two documents for it today, each of which has a (short) story.

The first task - now that we have almost everyone together - was to assign roles. Of course, I'm the programmer. We put most of the new people on the engineering notebook and a returning non-engineer (but very capable people-person) as the marketing manager. The usual crew got on engineering and building teams. I also produced a small table of specific role descriptions, combined that with the people-role table, and shared the document.

The designers went to another room to start brainstorming, so I was left with the PR and notebook people. I noticed last year's WiFi router lying around, so I pulled out an Ethernet cable and a router power supply and began configuring it. We haven't purchased a license for the new version of Robot-C, so I didn't have a chance to flash the Samantha module. I did, however, verify that the router works. I also changed the password and updated the SSID, which had been left generic the previous year. The password was written in a text document shared in our team's OneDrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment