Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Robotics - Disassemble Everything

While the brilliant engineering people thought up designs in the other room, I continued typing away on my laptop for various projects. They did actually come back to the main team room, so I got to hear and see some of what's going on.

Last year's robots are being disassembled, and quite thoroughly. There is now a huge spread of small parts and screws all over the floor in the main room. We should probably figure out some sort of inventory or sorting system soon, but currently we're more interested in getting all the pieces apart so they can be put back together in new ways.

The engineers have started making prototypes. This is made slightly difficult by our tools being not very organized, but I did manage to find the Allen wrench used for normal Tetrix parts. (It's 7/64", for the record.)

While they did that, I refreshed the firmware on the NXT to clean all of last year's test programs off of it. I also created a flash drive with the Samantha configuration settings, but I have not yet found the power adapter for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment