Monday, June 16, 2014

FMod - Dependency Wizard Time

I did a tiny bit of tinkering with the GalaxyLevels class in FleexCore in preparation for full Bio Menace support (which, incidentally, I still have not played). I added support for non-Carmackized levels, which skips that part of the compression in the level saving and loading. The levels loaded properly without this, but I added it just to make sure it didn't mistake some infoplane value for a Carmack sequence.

But, to manage all these options, I'll need a better Dependency Collector. I've been trying to fit all the options on that one form, but it's super difficult to understand and still can't hold all the options (like custom entry of EGA offsets). So, for both those reasons, I'll be creating a wizard of sorts, like those you see on installers. It will be a bit tricky to keep the template system useful, but I think a page-by-page wizard with helpful text will be far more easily understandable to new users.

With that done, I'll be able to add features like loading graphics from bitmaps or having a different set of tiles for the infoplane layer than those IDs in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment