Monday, June 30, 2014

FMod - Wizard UI Done

Ah, today I finally finished the UI for Abiathar's New Project Wizard. All the screenshots for the left bar have been taken and mapped; all the Next button instances are appropriately wired up. It needs a little bit more testing to ensure that nothing terrible happens if the user selects strange options, but this marks an important milestone in Abiathar. That Dependency Collector was pretty much the last holdout from my time making dense, complicated dialogs - and now it's gone! Well, I'll probably leave it in as an advanced option for users who are used to it and want to get a project started quickly, without dealing with a long friendly wizard.

Next, I'll need to actually write some new code to process the generated dependency file. If I do keep the Dependency Collector, it will need to generate a dependency file as well, instead of just verifying the file names. And, of course, I'll need to implement all the new features promised by the wizard's options.

No comments:

Post a Comment