Monday, February 1, 2016

Intermittent problems when receiving messages through ClickSend

Now that I got ClickSend connected to a program, the program is indeed doing its job. I am, however, noticing a strange phenomenon. Sometimes, the program doesn't understand what was said by the human even though it appears correctly in the ClickSend history web control. Sadly, I can't run any debugging beyond logging on the production machine, so I can't know exactly what's happening.

The program is supposed to receive replies by polling the server for an XML document. Parsing the XML works fine, but the user data is not being handled as expected. My guesses at the moment are character encoding mismatches and the presence of extra spaces. The web control doesn't tell me how the text was encoded, though the documentation indicates that the XML document should be UTF-8. There also don't appear to be any extra spaces in the replies when viewed online, though it is conceivable that my code could misbehave when given them.

No comments:

Post a Comment