Tuesday, April 19, 2016

PowerShell script not running in MDT? Check your memory

Today I dealt with some unusual behavior with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit. I had written a PowerShell script to poke at some things and print a few lines to the MDT log. Though I had added it to the task sequence in the right place, and ZTIPowershell said the script was started and that it exited with code 0, its text never got printed, but it had worked in a minimal task sequence.

When I tried to manually open a PowerShell prompt while running the main task sequence, it produced an out-of-memory error and then exited. Therefore, I'm almost certain that the problem stopping the script from actually running was that there wasn't enough RAM in the machine to handle the big task sequence and a PowerShell process. (There was only 900MB.)

No comments:

Post a Comment