Monday, September 5, 2016

Policy Plus - Multi-text box

Yesterday, I stumbled upon an undocumented new policy element, multiText. Today I implemented it for Policy Plus. Just like in the real Group Policy Editor, it's presented as a multiline text box, each line of which corresponds to one entry in a REG_MULTI_SZ.


Since I had to change the Element Inspector anyway to add the new element type, I refined that dialog a little more, mostly to be more consistent in where quotes are used.

I also did some poking around the real Group Policy Editor to see where it stores the settings that aren't under Administrative Templates. The simplest section is Deployed Printers, which is just in the POL file. I'm still not sure about the future of Policy Plus in regard to those other sections, though.

1 comment:

  1. How did you change textbox height. It seem to stuck to 3 rows and ignore the admx template setting.

    ReplyDelete