Thursday, September 15, 2016

Windows no longer respects "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations"

Windows 10 just rebooted for updates without asking me first, despite my having enabled the "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" policy setting.

After the reboot, though, Windows tried to restore the programs I had. Previously, I had Chrome, Visual Studio, Notepad (with a little unsaved data), XPS Viewer, and Excel running. It relaunched the XPS Viewer, but without the document I was looking at. It brought Excel back with the spreadsheet I was working on, but in recovery mode. Visual Studio came back fully, even to the spot where I had my cursor. Chrome and Notepad were nowhere to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment