Tuesday, March 14, 2017

AbiathRPC - Last-minute bug fixes

In anticipation of the first release of AbiathRPC today, I did some quick testing to make sure everything worked. To my surprise, I found a few rather serious problems:

  • Connecting could fail across a network with a security-related exception. I set the security mode to "none," which is what it should have been all along.
  • Any operation that replaced a level crashed all connected clients if and only if there was more than one person online at the time. Somehow this was caused by an attempted call to a nonexistent method, though I don't understand why it only caused problems when there were other users available. Fixing the call definitely fixed the problem.
  • Changes to foreground tileinfo always wiped away that tile's foreground-specific properties on all machines except the source. A numeric typo caused this by always making an important conversion step get skipped.
I also noticed that I had forgotten to update the server to use the new VeriMaps certificate repository; that was an easy change. After all of that and a bit more testing, I released AbiathRPC 1.0 for Keen Day 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment