Sunday, March 5, 2017

AbiathRPC - Tileinfo

Abiathar's ability to show tile properties is extremely useful in my opinion, and it's especially important when testing the level requires an extra step like it does with AbiathRPC (seeing as the level set is remote). Obviously, Abiathar can't show tileinfo that it doesn't have, so I today I added support for tileinfo reading and writing in AbiathRPC.

It was less difficult than I expected. The server loads a tileinfo file if indicated in the configuration file. Clients request that when they connect. When a user alters a tile property, the change is noticed when the tool calls MarkChangesMade. The client extension keeps track of the previous ATP IDs so it doesn't have to reupload all the tileinfo. On the network, the properties are transmitted as an array of bytes - 2 long or 8 long for background and foreground, respectively. (I would have used ATP IDs there, but the server application doesn't have a reference to any Abiathar component and therefore can't process those numbers.)

I have yet to incorporate tileinfo into the export feature, but that shouldn't be hard at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment