Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Robotics - Development Time

I might have already written a little about this somewhere but I figured I'd give a more detailed account.

My school has two FTC robotics teams this year. I've been assigned to the veteran team despite being a rookie - apparently expectations are high. For the past month, we've been considering options for the robot's design and creating some basic structure. Basically, every year in FTC, there's a different arena in which the robot needs to perform tasks. This year, the main thing is pushing blocks around and putting them into containers. I'm not that great of an engineer, but I have already started understanding how to program in RobotC, the C-like language designed for the NXT module. So far, I've created three test programs to try out the API and get used to the limitations. As soon as we get a battery charger, I'll be able to prepare some mobility programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment