Sunday, October 27, 2013

Robotics - Issues

Yesterday morning, we had a robotics meeting. Unfortunately, since it started at 8:00 AM, there were very few people there. In fact, there were only three people from my team, myself included. We almost immediately ran into issues with the controller, despite having fixed it last time. At first, the motors were activating without any controller input, but then they stopped activating at all. It took most of the meeting to determine that I had crossed some uninsulated wires, causing the fuse to blow. However, when it blew, it did not do it successfully, allowing just a little bit of electricity to arc over. We're not sure what caused the motors to activate, but we're pretty sure a new fuse will fix the problem. In other news, a failed firmware download rendered the NXT unusable. I did find a way to fix it on the Internet, which I will perform tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment