Friday, November 1, 2013

Logofrag - Adding Frags

Well, I modulized a little bit more functionality used by the thread view of Logofrag. I scrapped the idea of having the user write one word in each text box and select both sides' punctuation for adding a frag. Instead, I'm going to let the entrants write freely and then press a "preview" button that will make sure no illegal characters are being used, check that the frag meets the length requirements, and figure out what is punctuation and what isn't. Once the user makes sure that Logofrag didn't destroy the formatting in the verification, the newly made visible Submit button is used to actually add the fragment. Also, I discovered that it might be easier for me to keep a User object in the Session instead of an ID; it's slightly annoying to have to constantly query the database to get a user's actual information.

No comments:

Post a Comment