Saturday, August 30, 2014

End of Support for Classic Game Maker?

I installed (and when I say "installed", I mean "copy-pasted the appropriate directories in Program Files from a computer that already has it") Game Maker 7 and 8 on my new school-issued laptop and immediately noticed a problem. When I went to enter my license key, the web form fails to load. From what I can tell, they have removed that service from their web site. So, I am now unable to apply my Pro license key to these installations of Game Maker.

I filed a support ticket, but since I did have to select "Classic Game Maker" for the version field, I don't imagine they're giving me a lot of priority. It's been three days now, and it hasn't even been assigned to any technician.

Time to hack around and copy over possibly-related files in an attempt to make it recognize my license!

No comments:

Post a Comment