Sunday, August 10, 2014

FMod - Audio Time

I did a little research on the file formats and patching involved in Keen Galaxy audio and determined that I could probably do something with it. I'm not going to include an actual audio editor - I know absolutely nothing about such things - but I can handle all the extraction and recompilation. One thing Gridlock wanted me to add was a way to map levels to music tracks in such a way that the mappings do not get shifted down whenever one adds a new track. This is something Abiathar can easily handle, and once I figure out how to move around all the data in the audio files, it will be attempted.

I tried to make a little subroutine to play a PC Speaker sound, but Console.Beep, even with its frequency controls, is not sounding at all like the game. I did some research on NAudio and general .NET sound production, but it is so insanely complicated even to make a simple sine wave that I'll abandon any playing of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment