Wednesday, August 13, 2014

FMod - Complicated Patching

Today, I started in earnest to add level song assigning to Abiathar. This is actually a pretty complicated thing. First, I had to add audio chunk settings to the profiles configuration structure. Then, default audio resources had to get added to the assembly and saved to disk after Sound Setup is complete. After that, I went on the KeenWiki to get all the patches involved in changing the music, which are quite extensive. Every one of those commands got an entry in PatchGenerator. My job was made even more difficult by the KeenWiki not having the commands to patch in the audio header and dictionary, which I had to find by running KeenWave on the default sound libraries it bundles. The KeenWiki was also missing the address for an important directive for Keen 6, which I actually located myself with a hex editor.

The "Write Patches" menu has been coded to write the audio patches, but I have not yet started on the music management dialogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment