Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Robotics - Scoop Design

Some people actually came to today's robotics meeting! (Well, two more than yesterday. It's something. At least one of them was a builder/engineer.) I wrote all the ways to score points on the board so we can start planning which goals to go after, but without a basic robot we can't really test anything to see what's possible.

The team captain (who is a builder) showed me a design sketch for the scooping mechanism for the balls. It has two servos: one to flap its lid (which is also a shovel-like thing) and another to flip the entire box-like assembly up for elevation. The assembly will probably be elevated with a linear slide for dumping into the rolling goals. He also had some ideas for a light little channel to attach to the box assembly to extend its reach.

We don't have a drill yet, so removing those misplaced rivets is not currently feasible. The coach said he would bring a drill on Thursday, we should be able to finish up field construction then. I continued my attempts to power on the Samantha module, but I believe the battery with which I am trying to power it is faulty despite it turning on the LED in the motor controller. In the meantime, I will take on the role of engineering notebook compiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment