Thursday, April 2, 2015

Windows 10 Server: Missing in Action

Today upon logging into my new Windows Technical Preview Server (a.k.a. Windows 10 Server), I received a notification that the evaluation edition will expire on April 14, after which the machine will reboot every few hours. That's fine, I expected preview builds - especially ones from October 2014 - to expire in the nearish future.

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a newer build of the Windows 10 Server available. The only place to download the server version is at the TechNet Evaluation Center, and they're still serving the one from October 2014. I can't find any word from Microsoft about the future of the Windows 10 Server or where I can get the latest build of it.

So, unless they suddenly release a new build of it, I'll just have to deal with random reboots after April 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment