Thursday, April 9, 2015

Abiathar Bug Tracker

I am beginning to find that forum posts, especially when spread across multiple threads or even message boards, aren't the greatest means of tracking bugs and feature requests. For a while, I had been looking around for a decent bug tracker that was [1] free and [2] didn't require me to host anything. That's kind of a tall order, because it's rare that you get something good for nothing.

However, I think GitHub has what I'm looking for. Every repository has an "Issues" tab, which functions as a defect tracker. It even lets me configure labels that can be attached to issues, so I can look at just feature requests or just bugs of a certain type, if I want.

Abiathar isn't open-source, and probably won't ever be unless/until I discontinue maintaining it. So, I just made a blankish/placeholder repository named "Abiathar Support" for housing the Issues manager. See it on GitHub.

I added a link to this in Abiathar's Help menu, so there is now an official way to report bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment