Saturday, April 11, 2015

FMod - Zoom Slider

The community member who reported the NPW crash and the Essential Manipulator UI glitch requested in a follow-up post that I add a zoom slider to Abiathar's status bar, like you see in the Office applications. This seemed like a good idea to me, and not too hard to do, so I started doing it.

It took a bit of research to figure out how to jam a TrackBar (slider control) into the status strip, but after I did it just worked like any normal slider. After entangling the zoom keyboard shortcuts with the slider update routine, it works just like I wanted.

There is, however, a problem. When the user uses the mouse to adjust the slider, focus is set to the slider control. Key-down events are then not delivered to the form when the user presses keyboard buttons. (They go to the slider instead.) I tried having the slider forward all keypresses to the form's handler, but it still takes the arrow keys. Fortunately, some Googling turned up the solution, which I will implement tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment