Saturday, June 4, 2016

StackReviewAttrib - Logging and resiliency

I did some more tests of StackReviewAttrib today. I discovered that the ASP.NET pages were in need of an Access-Control-Allow-Origin header; there had been JavaScript errors about violations of Cross Origin Resource Sharing. I also added a timeout to the part that waits for the web browser simulator thread to finish so that I don't end up with a boatload of stuck threads if something fails.

To keep an eye on the parsing (so that I don't have to wait until the session's end to see whether everything worked), I also added some logging to the page-adding routine that shows the progress of each page's addition in the Visual Studio console.

It looks like everything is ready for me to actually use the tool to start a video series.

No comments:

Post a Comment