Sunday, August 28, 2016

Policy Plus - Details

Today I made a handful of small information-displaying forms, one for each type of policy object. These forms contain internal information from the ADMX files, like display code, unique ID, or source file. The unique ID is particularly useful because, for categories and policies, it can be used in the Find by ID window. The other info is just nice to have, it saves you from having to poke through the ADMX files to find something.





I also added a context menu to the categories tree and the category listing in the main form. It currently contains only Open or Edit (for categories and policies, respectively), plus Details, which produces the appropriate details form.

While testing, I found that the ADMX files occasionally contained support definitions defined in terms of other support definitions. I'm pretty sure the real Group Policy Editor ignores those, so I had to Support Details window display such entries as their ID (as opposed to crashing).

The changes are live on GitHub.

Next, I'll see about adding an inspection window for policies' Registry values.

No comments:

Post a Comment