Saturday, August 13, 2016

Policy Plus - Edit policy settings

Today I made serious progress toward the goal of letting Policy Plus modify and save policy settings. I started by writing a function that does the jobs of finding all Registry entries touched by a policy and optionally blowing them away. I then wrote a function to write the appropriate Registry values for a given policy options configuration. Along the way, I had to fix some oversights, like IPolicySource not having a way to mark and unmark a key as being cleared, or the "forget this value" function not removing marks for value deletion.

With those changes in place, I updated the setting editor dialog to jam the UI state into one of those dictionaries and then call the thing that updates the policy. It seems to be working well.

The next thing to do is add a Save button to the main form that causes the diff-and-merge routine to execute, applying the changes to the Registry.

No comments:

Post a Comment