Saturday, May 16, 2015

Abiathar: From Fresh Install to Playing Modded Levels In-Game in 10 Minutes

It's been a while since I've updated the Abiathar help file (I really should get on that), and the video tutorials are aging rapidly as well. So today, I recorded the pilot episode of a new Abiathar video tutorial series. I start fresh with a clean install of Abiathar and a ZIP of the original Keen 5 files and in 10 minutes - all captured live - I have created an Abiathar project, toured its most basic functionality, tweaked a level, and have it running in DOSBox, patches and all.

My last attempt at an Abiathar tutorial series tried to jam a bunch of unrelated concepts into one video to fit my standard 15-20 minute time frame. This series will be much more focused, task-oriented, and "bite sized" so people can see only what they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment