Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Windows 10 Server Makes a Comeback

I previously wrote that Windows 10 Server was missing in action. A day or so after the expiration date, my installation stopped showing any signs of being expired. I haven't rebooted it or noticed a restart since then, though, so I'm guessing they somehow removed that expiration enforcement. (Maybe there was a Windows update?) Anyway, that's been working just fine for me the past few weeks.

More interestingly, they seem to have come out with a Windows Server Technical Preview 2. I received an e-mail today (four, actually, and they were all the same) with a link to the TechNet Evaluation Center where the new version can be downloaded. There's also a collection of semi-serious issues in the release notes, but nothing that looks show-stopping.

I'll only install this new version if the original one threatens to expire again. My current set-up works just fine, and was challenging enough to set up once.

No comments:

Post a Comment