Thursday, July 30, 2015

This Site Uses Cookies

Apparently the European Union has a law that requires all sites to declare their use of cookies, a law which Blogger told me about by raising a little notification on the Overview tab of my blog control panel. I'm not sure what the consequences are if you don't obey that law, but in the interest of being a good Internet citizen, I'll comply:

This blog, for some reason, uses cookies, and it's out of my control. I'm fairly certain the cookies are only there to recognize if you're signed in with Google. Hopefully, Google isn't doing anything super privacy-violating with said cookies. If you aren't OK with cookies, I guess you should read my blog through a proxy, or disable cookies entirely. (Expect stuff to break if you choose the second option.)

Hooray for laws?

No comments:

Post a Comment