Saturday, July 9, 2016

Policy Plus - Registry policy proxy

Today I filled out the IPolicySource implementation for RegistryPolicyProxy, which turned out to be a lot simpler than the one for PolFile. Every operation could be forwarded directly to the real Registry with a minimum of extra processing.

Before doing that, I adjusted the POL file source to support QWord entries, but then I realized that policy settings only affect string values and DWord values, so then I didn't bother adding special support for the other kinds.

I also added a new function to that interface that gets the list of value names under a specific key because that operation is necessary for dealing with list policy elements. Since most of the format-related infrastructure is done now, I'll soon be able to start building an application.

No comments:

Post a Comment